MOI Holds Meeting On How Deployment Of COVID-19 Vaccine Will Be Done
Today at the Alisa Hotel, the Ministry of Information facilitated an engagement forum on the Covid19 Vaccination Roll out Plan.
The main objective of this engagement was to update the nation on measures taken so far and how Government intends to deploy the Covid19 vaccine.
The general public is advised to kindly note the following:
- More engagements will be held in the coming days to carry the nation along on the vaccination program.
- Distribution of vaccine will be based on segmentation.
- An initial target of 20million persons will be vaccinated.
- Delivery strategy will be static, outreach, mobile and camp out.
- Measures will be taken to ensure vaccine safety.
The forum was attended by the Minister Designate for Information, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, Minister Designate for Health, Kwaku Agyeman-Manu, Director General of the Ghana Health Service (GHS).
Also present was Dr. Patrick Kuma-Aboagye, Programme Manager of the Expanded Programme on Immunization of the GHS, Dr. Kwame Amponsa-Achiano and an Immunologist and a Research Fellow at the West Africa Centre for Cell Biology of Infectious Pathogens (WACCBIP), Dr. Yaw Bediako.
Source: NewsVibz.com || Kindly link back when you copy or paraphrase a paragraph(s) or the entire content.